Great Web Design Starts With Planning
A website built with SEO integrated into the process avoids flaws that can lead to expensive correction. Building one represents a unique opportunity to distinguish yourself from competitors. Web design since the early 2000’s has made considerable advances. With the arrival of content management systems (CMS), building a website is now more affordable. Although these platforms have limitations, most can be corrected with CSS or custom coding to adhere to SEO best practices. A CMS website can be built in less time and for a fraction of the cost vs. a custom site. Some of the most well known and powerful CMS platforms are WordPress, Magento, Drupal, and Squarespace. All work similarly, however, each vary in terms of learning curve and features
A well designed website is the catalyst for dialogue.
Web design includes proper messaging, color selection, images, font choices, and more to drive conversions. Use of these elements not only enhances the visitor experience but achieves revenue goals. At Verbatim, we believe successful web design compels visitors to take action. A site should have a modern look but not at the expense of search engine optimization efforts.
Responsive web design is the ability of a website to change to the dimensions of any device. With mobile usage nearing 60% of all search traffic, this ability ensures that visitor expectations are met. Quite simply, visitors should have a consistent experience irrespective of device whether they’re on a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
Principles of Effective Web Design
The principles of effective web design are made with user experience and conversions in mind.
- Usability. Visual design does not determine the success of a website. Usability does. Proper classification of information is critical to ensure they don’t leave and go to your competitors.
- SEO Compliant Design. To fully capitalize on search engine optimization’s capability, a site should have proper architecture with an search engine friendly CMS.
- Effective Writing. It’s important to write for the user and not for yourself.
- Graphics and image placement. To reinforce brand identity and messaging, placement is critical.
- Readability. Users do very little reading. They scan. Proper spacing, typography, and colors facilitate the path they take based on their needs.
- Mobile Friendly. Have a mobile first mindset. Nearly half of all research starts on a mobile device and it’s increasing. Make sure you design for mobile shopping and browsing.
Web design and proper content structure isn’t just for higher rankings. A great website means a great user experience. When done correctly, these elements have a measurable impact on your digital marketing KPIs. Need a website design quote? Request a free estimate.
Website Design Agency: Squarespace, WordPress
Are you struggling with overpriced web designers? Do your metrics show good traffic but low leads? That could indicate frustrated visitors are not finding what they need. Perhaps you’re a startup that has recently secured an additional round of funding and looking to establish your brand?
First impressions matter. Reaching the right customers requires having the right content. We carefully design a site that’s appropriate for your industry. Connecting your brand story with a unique value proposition plays an integral role. It’s the combination of world-class design with functionality. The result is an informative and highly relevant site that connects with consumers.
Verbatim is a Squarespace, Craft, and WordPress website design agency for small business, startups, and e-commerce companies. Many B2B and B2C companies are missing elements that frustrate visitors and cause issues for search engines. Note getting results?See what we can do for you. Contact us for a free consultation.
A New Project Together.
A website that represents your business well connects with customers and drives sales.